What is my sister’s issue with my weight?

My sister regularly throws shade to my body type, I’ve always been pretty tall and skinny and I’m even a little underweight. But it’s not like I look unhealthy. She on the other hand has been overweight for a few years and my brothers would make fun of her for it. Calling her fat and stuff when they’d argue. She... show more My sister regularly throws shade to my body type, I’ve always been pretty tall and skinny and I’m even a little underweight. But it’s not like I look unhealthy. She on the other hand has been overweight for a few years and my brothers would make fun of her for it. Calling her fat and stuff when they’d argue. She has been trying to lose weight, while I’ve stated that even though I’m underweight I really don’t mind. The only reason why I’d actually try to gain weight is for track and field (muscle). The digs seem to be getting more regular and apparent, we’ll just be having a normal conversation and then she’ll change the conversation to my weight, when I never even bring either of our body types up. I think it’s due to her own insecurity since she does bring up the fact that she was made fun of a lot, but I’m not sure. What should I tell her, because she’ll make it a bigger issue then it has to be, and will bring it up when we argue to try and hurt me. With the media and her pointing my body out I can’t help but feel a bit insecure myself. What should I do?
5 answers 5