Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 months ago

What are the pros and cons of leaving a suicide note?

This is assuming that the the person in question doesn't have a spouse, kids, close relatives, or close friends.

• Alfred
    Best Answer

with your kind permission, this is a serious enough topic to seriously, thoroughly , responsibly be dealt with in real life.

and it sounds to me that mental health care professionals are to be involved.

one's young age has to clearly be a serious con= argument against.

by all means - one's having no spouse, kids, close friends etc.- all these are CURABLE - as long as that one it is about is ALIVE- to begin with....

yet with one's having no relatives or so- one's leaving a suicide note INSTEAD of immediately striving to get / timely get highly - qualified psychiatric help meant to PREVENT suicide is the one bitter mistake I should NEVER advise anyone to commit...

I mean - just your/ one's being alone or so - still DOES NOT nullify your / one's right to timely get the help he/ she needs to preclude suicide..yes!

and, at this point- with one's feeling alone and suicidal - the immediately right step is getting to the Emergency Room RIGHT NOW!

By all means - whatever our problems/ hardships/ traumas may be - one's even attempting suicide - sounds to me ...until/ unless proven otherwise.... one's taking the slick, fast lane to rock- bottom and havoc.... and I humbly dare to think that this has to be avoided- inasmuch as possible...yes!

and even though that's the way it is....

our hearts and souls are to be open to listen to people INSTEAD of judging them( we probably have no right to do the latter ).

all I want is to firmly and heartily draw your attention to the fact - there has to be some other way/s out to our problems - whatever these problems be - EXCEPT/ besides ruining our lives - whatsoever....

Be so kind, please, to refrain, repeat , REFRAIN , from ANY form of even trying to hurt yourself or take your life- whatsoever!

Pardon me, but you're assuming that suicide is rational. In the overwhelming majority of cases, people recover from depression. Also, there are steps people can take to make future cases unlikely. I have advice from experts in my recent answers.

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis.

It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail