promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

Is the objective of the trump trade war to make China sell their products cheaper to Americans?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

This website may help you https://www.offerany.com

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • paul
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

question is why are we buying products from china ? why are we not making them here , putting people to work

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It's to even up the trade deficit. That's when one country imports more from the other country than that other country imports from them. Another purpose is to protect US industries; make it more expensive to buy Chinese products and cheaper to buy US products for use by US Businesses.

Eventually the CONSUMER products from that other country are supposed to be cheaper, I suppose.

But... IT IS NOT WORKING. It's hurting everyone involved.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I think it'd be more ideal for China to end up paying more for our products, as they increase their demand naturally over time, we would generate jobs and cash flow. Economics is tricky stuff so this is my educated opinion, I could easily be wrong

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elaine
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Having imports from China at a cheaper price than they are now is the last thing that Trump wants.

• 9 months ago

All I know is after a year the only thing he has accomplished is caused a lot of farmers to lose their farms. The number would be even higher if it weren't for the government bailout he gave some of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.