Selling Textbooks on Ebay?
I have probably 10 to 20 books I would like to sell, and I read ebay is the best place to sell them. They do take 10 percent of the final sale, which is fine, but I was wondering If i would need to report that income on my taxes or anything like that?
- Anonymous5 months agoFavorite Answer
There are also listing fees, paypal fees which are about 3% and shipping is expensive which will affect how much they bring.
You have to compare against the cost of selling them locally if you can. (unless they changed books)
No taxes because you will be losing money on them.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 75 months ago
1. If you sell them for more than you paid for them, so you make a profit, then yes.
2. If the reason you bought them was so that you could sell them (meaning that you were trying to make a profit, even if you failed), then yes.
3. If you bought them to use (for your own classes) and you lost money (you sold them for less than they cost), then you do not have to pay any income tax.
- PearlLv 75 months ago
i would ask the irs this question
- Anonymous5 months ago
Sell them on Chegg.com
Shipping is free
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- JudyLv 75 months ago
If you're selling them for less than you paid for them, no.