Matyu asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 3 months ago

What is best way to reduce pollution caused by Humvee?

I am planning to buy a surplus military Humvee and I am wondering what is best to reduce pollution: catalytic converter, EGR, combination of both or something else?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Removing your cat converter would be a good start

• Fred
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

There is no way of lowering its pollution levels.in a Humvee. They are a large diesel engine and likely very polluting

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Don't drive it.

• F
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Just look at it this way. You're helping to bring forward the day that fossil fuels run out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • olivia
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Choose a cleaner commute - share a ride to work or use public transportation.

Combine errands and reduce trips. ...

Avoid excessive idling of your automobile.

Refuel your car in the evening when its cooler.

• 3 months ago

You can do nothing to it. The best way you can reduce pollution would be to buy it and run it over the grand canyon.

• 3 months ago

Scrap it. Horrible mileage, dangerous to drive on public roads, catch fire if the batteries aren't disconnected and they look stupid. Unless you have an actual, real use for one (other than showing up your neighbors or making you feel like a "real" man), don't bother getting it.

• it is i
      Lv 5
      3 months agoReport

Thats your opinion, but still gas hogs, dangerous on public roads and they often catch fire if batteries not unhooked. Had close to 1000 of them on one ship and each one had to be unhooked before we could leave dock for sea.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Drive over yourself

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If youre concerned about pollution, dont but a humvee

• 3 months ago

Park it in the garage and take a bike.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.