Has anyone that lived in the 70s owned a 1975 lincoln town car and driven it in snow especially in icy slippery conditions. Does it do okay?

• Edd S

I've had a 89 Lincoln town car.   It , like many, had a limited slip differential so when one rear wheel skidding the power transferred to engage the other wheel. Even the automatic transmission allowed for downshifting when slowing to ramps or seeing that black ice ahead and such.   A strong engine and very good transmission allowed a person to drive confidently even at slow speeds on snow.   It had a steady rear end that did not tend to swish around in the snow on curves and such.   In case a person nudged into something it had very strong front and rear steel bumpers.   Knowing how to drive in winter conditions was the most important part though.

• Jay P

It does about as well as any of the other large, rear wheel drive vehicles of that era.

Not very well on snow and terrible on ice... Things improve a little bit with the use of winter tires but not much

• Ian K

Have a 1978 Town Car. I won't even drive it in the rain (original low mile car).

That being said, if you dump a pile of money into snow tires, it might be ok... not good though.

• Ron

Don't feed the spammer

• Bill

I never owned a Lincoln, but the 1975 Town Car was a front engine, rear drive car, like most American cars in that era, so it wasn't the best to drive in snow.

• Anton

Started driving in Fall '62, in Detroit, with a '53 Dodge. Tires were American Eagles -- bald. Went and played in the snow/icy and learned how to drive. The secret is to be gentle on the gas, gentle on the brakes, gentle on the curves. I did just fine. Drove with no crashes/collisions for 2.5 years -- until I got a sports car. Sports car and stupid kid is a bad idea. Whatever.

Skipped the '70's. In '87 I got a '78 Ford LTD, a poor man's Lincoln. 5,000 pounds, 460V8, C6. Ran light truck tires. Did fine anywhere. Ever drove down "high clearance" roads, including splashing across a creek.

A 1975 Lincoln Town Car weighed over two and a half tons! I'm guessing it held to the ground pretty well.

https://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car...

No...I've never actually own a '75 Lincoln. But I've driven similar vehicles & ones a LOT bigger. Getting through snow requires at least two things. A) Tires with good tread. B) A smart driver.

On ice? NOTHING works on ice. I've seen more 4 X 4's and SUV's in the ditch during icy conditions vs. all other types of vehicles combined. My source? Twenty safe years driving a semi. Got the ring to prove it.