Dell latitude E6410 not connecting to hotspot?

I got unlimited data when I was away from my home and I wanted to try to use the hotspot on my laptop, it worked flawless. But when I got back from my vacation it didn't work anymore. When I tryed searching the web it said it couldnt be found or something like that. I live in the mountains and so my WiFi is terrible. I was planning to rely on this hotspot. The device I was using for the hotspot was my Ipad mini 4, does anybody have a solution?

• David
    Favorite Answer

You are a little confused, “I live in the mountains so my WiFi is terrible” - WiFi is a local wireless connection between wireless devices, a router and a tablet for example. By itself WiFi does not give you internet access. Your iPad still needs to connect to a cellular signal to gain internet access. If you internet access was poor before your vacation due to poor cellular signals, it will still be poor when you get back whether or not you have unlimited data.

I, too, think you are somewhat confused. A hotspot is where someone has made a broadband internet connection available to those nearby by wifi. Cafes, restaurants etc often do this, they create and provide a hotspot for their customers to access. They have a router which you can connect to, at least at short range, by wifi.This is probably what you enjoyed while you were on vacation. If there's not one nearby to where you are you can't use it.

One way or another you need to be connected to the internet, either by landline or by cellular phone if that's what you have and can arrange it.

Unlimited data =/= unlimited data speed