Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

So I went to a car dealership and applied for an auto loan. My employer doesn't provide paystubs so I faked them.?

So I went to a car dealership and applied for an auto loan. My employer doesn't provide paystubs so I faked them. I looked it up online and found out what I did was illegal so I called the dealership and immediately requested to cancel the loan request and told them I was no longer interested. I know this can cause some very bad issues and I was hoping someone might be able to tell me who I should contact to get ahead of this incase it gets flagged or anything like that. Thank you!!!

You had to look it up online to know that faking paystubs is illegal? *rolls eyes*

There is no-one you can contact to "get ahead of this". The finance company would be within their rights to have passed your details to the police regarding attempted fraud.

You don't "get ahead" of criminal acts by calling someone and saying "I didn't mean it".

It's a legal requirement for an employer to provide evidence of pay. You're being paid "under the table"? More crime. You just don't stop digging that hole do you?

Literally everyone learns that lying is wrong by the time they enter kindergarten so why In the world would you think that lying to a lender is OK?

EPIC FAIL

Fortunately you came to your senses and did the right thing, so I wouldn't worry about it.

i wouldve just asked your job for pay studs

Sounds like a troll to me.Similar stupid troll questions in the past. I'm not feeding it.

Just go to the dealer and tell them that you do not receive paycheck stubs so you generated them from your pay information - you DO have payroll information don't you?

• Scott

What do you mean they don't provide pay stubs? Unless you're paid cash under the table they are required to provide pay stubs.

• bo

now called fraud. good luck in jail

• James

and you didn't think that faking them wouldn't be fraud?

• 2 months agoReport

Well they aren't fake per say. I mean they are my correct pay with all the correct information and my employers information just not from them lol. I admit, it was stupid haha. I agree.

Good thing that you called the car dealership,Sparky.