Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 6 months ago

I went to a FFL to purchase a shotgun and was denied. I m not a felon. Is it legal for me to buy one from a private seller?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Felon is not the only limit to buy a gun, there is some reason you were denied.

Red flag laws even make it harder for responsible citizens to buy an keep guns.

My state mandates private gun sales be recorded with the sheriff office so if you were denied by FFL, you won't get a gun here, or, rather expect a visit from ATF.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Phil
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Do you owe back taxes?

• 6 months ago

I would want to know WHY I was denied. It could be just a mix up of names. There is no law right now that says you can not buy a gun from a private seller. However some will ask you if you ever failed a background check and if you say yes, they will not sell to you. If you say no, you lied and purchased the gun under false pretenses. That could come back and haunt you. Hopefully the seller will not ask.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Depends why you were denied. If you were denied because of the background check then no but if you just came off as sketchy and they didn't trust you then yes.

If you came off as a sketch ball you could just go to another FFL and not look/act like your going to rob a liquor store with the shot gun or accidentally shoot your foot off.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JOHN B
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You can fail the BC for a myriad of reasons. Send an appeal request through the FFL if you failed. You have to find out the reason for failure, anyway.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I wood cell you a shootgun .

• C T M
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Eye wood cell ewe aye blunderbuss.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Guns are very dangerous and need banned.

• C T M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you are legally barred from buying a firearm from an FFL this means you cannot buy one legally from a private sale either.

• 6 months ago

C`mon, you know why you were denied and you are an obvious troll. You are keeping details and identity to yourself and asking whether or not you can buy from a private seller?

I can answer that, Not from me.

I wouldn`t sell you sharp pointed scissors with info like that!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.