How can you tell if someone is a drug user?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

The biggest hint is when you see the drugs in their hands as they use it.

But I've learned how to tell by looking and can say sometimes the "tells" are not the tells of a drug user, so I don't want people to go away from Yahoo! Answers believing that every person they see with the "tells" is a drug user :) Sometimes the person has diabetes and needs a meal and has never touched an illicit or illegal drug, or has another issue not drug-related.

But yeah, they may spaz a bit :) OR space out/be too distant at some point in the day, if you talk to them long enough. Get mad or not get mad at something they ordinarily would. They may speak in hyperbole, a breathy manic tone of voice, a less excited and less verbose conversation, spacey eyes, bloodshot eyes, track marks or lots of lineal scabbing on the arms near obvious veins, "sharpened" facial features and more angular bones on their frame, loss of muscle mass, jerks/tics/shakes, shaky hands, odd gait that is stilted, odd gait that is taking too long for one foot to catch up to the other, poor hygiene, perfect hygiene and appearance but for one thing like forgetting lipstick.... They could even look healthy and not distracted or upset or anything else..... It ALL depends on WHAT drug....

• Kathy
    1 year ago

Some drug users have that stoned look about them.

• One can't simply pinpoint it down based off of simple erratic behavior or physical features from use...but when the poison has TRULY taken its hold, everything becomes quite clear as there may not be any subtlety behind their actions

1 year ago

They are dumb....

1 year ago

Oh that's ez.. They will be the ones who rob you

1 year ago

Hellobi dont know man.

• 1 year ago

Depends on what kind of drugs.

1 year ago

I can't.

Have never been acquainted with drugs... so aside from blood shot eyes and tweaking behaviors, I bypass them all the time unknowingly. 😄

Source(s): Other former drug users will tell me. 😄