should i buy this pc?

ello my name is Alex i want to buy new computer and I wanted to ask if this Parts of the computer are good.

cpu:Intel Core i7-4790K palit

gpu:gtx 1070 ti dual 8gb

drive:Kingston A400 240GB

ram:GSKILL Ares DDR3 1600 C9 8GB 2x4

power Supply:SeaSonic 620W

motherboard:Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H

so is this good for 890usd?

Hello my name is Alex i want to buy new computer and I wanted to ask if this Parts of the computer are good.

cpu:Intel Core i7-4790K palit

gpu:gtx 1070 ti dual 8gb

drive:Kingston A400 240GB

ram:GSKILL Ares DDR3 1600 C9 8GB 2x4

power Supply:SeaSonic 620W

motherboard:Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H

so is this good for 900usd?

Best Answer

hi Alex,

I'd say no, it's overpriced.

It just so happens that I have a similar PC that I'm going to sell in the very near future. Mine has an i7 4790k, MSI Gaming GTX 1070, 16gb of DDR3-2133 RAM, Corsair TX750 PSU, z97 Maximus VII Hero, 256gb SSD, 2tb HDD for storage, Corsair H60 cooler, Windows 10 Pro activated. The core components in my PC are better but the GTX 1070 is a bit weaker than the GTX 1070ti. I plan to list my PC for right around $650usd. If I swapped out the GTX 1070 and put a GTX 1070ti in it's place, then I'd ask a little below $700 for it.

I'm not going to sell you this PC because I'm selling it locally and I won't ship, but I'm using it as an example of the value of the components. The Core i7-4790k is worth about $150usd because there are a lot of people upgrading from the 4790k to a Ryzen 3000 series CPU.

8gb of RAM is cheap and not really enough for today's gaming.

The system you listed has an h97 motherboard which isn't overclockable and it's relatively cheap.

The system lacks a storage drive, but has a run of the mill Kingston SSD which is about $40usd.

The power supply is most likely an M12II model which is alright, but lacks modern overvoltage and overcurrent protection.

I noticed you mentioned Palit. Palit is a Graphics card brand in Europe so the GTX 1070ti is most likely a Palit. The CPU is an Intel Core i7-4790k which was released back in 2014. The i7-4790k is still a strong and capable CPU for gaming but it's not as good as the Core i7-9700k.

I don't know but it seems like the seller pieced that PC together with used parts and it hoping to make a profit, and maybe you can do the same. The Kingston A400 SSD is a go to drive for budget builders and I see it in a lot of used PC's listed on craigslist and offerup. I'm with Aster Rhoids on this one with the suggestion to build your own PC. Sounds sensible. You can use pcpartpicker.com to compile a build list.

For that price, no. Its way overpriced. That's a 5 year old CPU. I'm sure its still pretty powerful, but it is just too old.

Nope. I would build a PC.

yes a 1070 ti can basically play any game so