POLL: can someone tell me the meaning of somethings I noticed on the heastone of my ex boyfriend,who died in Iraq?

My ex boyfriend died in Iraq in 2005. In 2010 when I was 25 I moved from Oregon,our homestate. Started a family,got a job,married a wonderful man. I go back to Oregon once or twice every 2-3 months to see my mom,my dad and my friends who stayed there.After my grandma died 2 weeks ago I started going to our local... show more My ex boyfriend died in Iraq in 2005. In 2010 when I was 25 I moved from Oregon,our homestate. Started a family,got a job,married a wonderful man. I go back to Oregon once or twice every 2-3 months to see my mom,my dad and my friends who stayed there.After my grandma died 2 weeks ago I started going to our local cemetery,where my first boyfriend was buried. I hadn't been on his grave for years. There were 2 american flags on the sides of the grave. On the iscription it reports " PFC US MARINE CORPS-1986-2005. PH-SILVER STAR- -OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM- WE WILL MISS YOU SON " and then there's written next to it JOHN 15.13. I felt so bad when I read all that. It brought back memories and it brought some tears.However what does PH stands for? What about 15:13? What is silver star? Least but not last I noticed two quarters. Why were they there? Please dont' say rude things I'm just curious and since I don't have friends in the military I thought about asking you.Thanks
Update: Speed thank you.. what about the quarters?