Cons: Do you approve of Trump deporting (and thus killing) Isabel Bueso (who helped save the lives of americans)?

She came here LEGALLY for a clinical trial, (not a citizen, but a legal visitor or legal resident)

she was told that, with her condition, she would likely not live past adolescence.

(an enzyme disorder that inhibits cells from processing sugars.)

the trial lead to a drug becoming FDA approved and thus saved the lives of americans who had this same condition.

and Trump now wants to deport her (and she will die without getting the life-saving care available in the U.S.)

Cons: you approve of this???

Seriously?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Watch Trump supporters justify even this atrocity.

• y
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The article doesn't say how the family supported themselves, who has been paying for that medical treatment, her college education, why after living here so long and obviously, not planning on going anywhere. Did they not apply for citizenship.

Her laywer is filing an appeal, the law does specify and allow for individual cases to be reviewed. If they are actually kicked out I would be surprised, and going to the media about her situation is going to help her case.

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

So, in other words, you are saying the US has the best medical system in the world.

And yet, Liberals want to destroy it.

• 4 months ago

Why can't she get the same care where she came from.

• rustbucket
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

You know that where she came from did not offer a dime to help her. WTF

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Let's not forget that she, as a test subject, has helped countless others fight this disease.

This is a truly horrible story.

• 4 months ago

So, she needs a drug to stay alive? I guess she must be getting deported to a country without mail services of any kind.

• Lois Griffin
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

the "treatment" I should say is not available in her home country.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

That's tricky. She came for a clinical trial 17 years ago, and her and her family have stayed and received "free" medical care since then. Was that ever part of the deal? Is the person who invited her responsible for her care in any way? And how did she get the money to attend a four year university?

I would let her stay if I had to make the call, but I honestly have mixed feelings about it. And I wouldn't call it "killing" if she were sent home. That would be "failure to rescue", and unfortunately, we cannot rescue the whole world.

@John: Look up "scare quotes" and note their use with the word "free".

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

John, how to do know the healthcare hasn't been "free"? We have no idea what she has and hasn't received....

• 4 months ago

there was a time when supposedly-legitimate news outlets would never use worlds like "might" "could" or "can" in their headlines....because the possibility of something happening was NOT considered "news"...

based on the content, the headline could as easily have said such cases "might" not be subject to the deportation policy (that existed prior to Trump, by the way)...

...but that wouldn't have gotten all that yummy emotion stirring you that your leash-holders love to manipulate...would it?

so really, the only "facts" here is that American healthcare...so often bashed as "backwards" compared to the rest of the industrialized world...really does seem to be superior to all other nations.... and American immigration polices...so often bashed as cruel... really are among the most inclusive and liberal...

...oh wait.... you didn't even notice how even you naturally assume that she will die if deported because either no other country has equivalent health care or no other country with quality health care will take her.... did you?

• Stan
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

If you break the law.....

You deserve to die apparently.

• Lois Griffin
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

if you read my post; she didn't break the law. she came her legally. a legal resident, a legal visitor whatever term you want to use.

• 4 months ago

watch American hating liberals blame this on Trump

elian gonzalez

LOLOLOLOL libs are such ignorant hypocrites

Lois the lib would rather abort babies yet acts like she gives a damn about this,...LOL you are such a fake, a pos hypocrite

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Lois, "Trump is the one who sent out this letter"? Trump didn't send her a letter. The Department of Immigration sent her a notification.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Conservatives are perfectly ok with this

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.