Is Orlando a safe place to be in a hurricane?

We just moved to Florida about 2ish months ago. We are staying in Orlando but our house in Brevard county is being built. We were set to start moving in this weekend but obviously that’s not happening. I’m just hoping some of you may be able to ease my mind. This is our first hurricane and it’s a big one. We got... show more We just moved to Florida about 2ish months ago. We are staying in Orlando but our house in Brevard county is being built. We were set to start moving in this weekend but obviously that’s not happening. I’m just hoping some of you may be able to ease my mind.
This is our first hurricane and it’s a big one. We got some food, water, radio, lantern, flashlights, batteries, etc. I’m just wondering if Orlando will be safer to be? I’ve heard people on the east coast will end up coming to Orlando, I’m just asking if there a chance for evacuation or big life threatening damage? We are at a residence inn in Orlando. Any other tips and advice you could give would also be greatly appreciated! Quite the welcome to Florida!