Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 5 months ago

Do average South Koreans think that Korea is at the same level of development as Japan, or do they think Japan is richer and more powerful?

Do they view Japan as more developed and powerful than them, or do they view Japan as being on the same level as South Korea? Do average South Koreans view themselves as a rich and powerful country?

They don’t give a crap about Japan unless it’s rivalry. They are “fighting” over an island right now. I can’t really say cause I have DNA of each. (Recent generation)

The average korean doesnt think like you and make these comparisons

it depends on the person what they think, everyone is different

South Korea and Japan do not get along, so any comparisons would never get an answer ...........

I think the average South Korean doesn't even compare himself (or herself) to the Japanese. They are just trying to be the best they can be and make as much money as they can. South Koreans are generally proud of the fact that they have dragged themselves out of poverty to roughly first world living conditions, but I think that they are under no illusions that they are a world power.

Source(s): I've lived and worked in South Korea and I know many Koreans.
    • megalomaniac

It is roughly first world. I say "roughly" because while places like Seoul are very similar in quality of life to most European or North American cities there is still quite a divide between the rich urbanite and the poor rice farmer.