How hard is it to successfully obtain a international transfer in your corporation to japan?

I’m just about to start a new sales career path in a big American software company whom have over 50Hqs all over the world. Hypothetically speaking, say in 5/8/10 years I’m in my targets, the role is going swimmingly and I’m progressing well but I want to consider my options. I’ve mentioned I have interest in... show more I’m just about to start a new sales career path in a big American software company whom have over 50Hqs all over the world. Hypothetically speaking, say in 5/8/10 years I’m in my targets, the role is going swimmingly and I’m progressing well but I want to consider my options. I’ve mentioned I have interest in working and being relocated in Japan, which is a possibility, but has anyone actually asked for this and successfully got relocated to Japan in the same position or similar? I want to work for an American company in japan but I want to work for my enterprise.