I haven’t had sex with him yet. Is that the reason I’m in an almost relationship?

I know him for a year. He does want sex I want it too. But was not ready at the beginning. I didn’t know what his intentions are. He says he doesn’t know what he wants. He also said he wants to sleep with me. this hasn’t progressed much since we started dating. Now we don’t date but we still see each other casually. And there’s lot of kissing involved. Is the lack of sex the reason why I’m in an almost relationship with him?

Favorite Answer

Of course you weren't ready at the beginning! He doesn't know what he wants but he wants to sleep with you? Which is it? He just wants the sex, it seems.

Sex might be fun obviously, as are drink and drugs no doubt, but outside of a strong and well established relationship it can turn out to be disastrous. Not only can pregnancy and STDs result, but sexual intercourse can often be emotionally bonding (especially if regular or frequent), and when the strong friendship, mutual values and interests etc. are not in place this can prove emotionally confusing. Just read some of the questions here, or watch some of the daytime t.v. shows with very unhappy people who have had sex too soon and/or with the wrong person. It can also cost a girl her self respect and the respect of others (including future boyfriends).

I told you the last time you asked this that it would be a mistake to use sex as a way to keep this guy around. If he isn't willing to make a serious commitment to you voluntarily, why would you voluntarily give him what he wants? Give him a jar of vaseline and send him on his way is my advice. But my guess is that you are going to do the dumb thing and give in to his pressuring you because you think that is what you need to do. The truth is that you hold the power in this situation. I suggest you learn how to use it before you give up something you can never get back!