How do I use an external speaker on a Monitor while the HDMI is occupied with a Chromecast?

I’ve actually resorted to one of these websites where you can a question answered because I’m so frustrated and I feel like this should be so much simpler.

So let me take you through my story really quick. This summer, I stopped using my computer monitor for my computer because I have a laptop that runs better. So I’m now using my chromecast on that monitor. The problem is that the monitor has bad speakers and it’s too quiet. All I want to do is connect a speaker of sorts to this monitor so the audio can be better/louder.

The monitor is a 1080p LED monitor by Acer. I’ve tried plugging in speakers through the audio jack on the back, but that doesn’t work. I’ve tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, but there’s seemingly no audio settings outside of increasing and decreasing the audio. I’ve searched the internet for an answer to this specific problem, but I can’t seem to find it. I even went as far as to buy a google home because I found that you can connect it to the chromecast and link the audio. But as I’m just finding out, you cannot link video media on the google home.

This should have a simple solution, right? Like I don’t understand why this is so difficult. I understand that normally the audio would be exported through a computer, but I’m completely lost now that it’s just the chromecast.

Favorite Answer

It seems that you need an HDMI audio extractor. What this will do is extract the audio signal coming from the Chromecast and pass it through either a 3.5mm output or RCA audio.

I found one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Tendak-Optical-Extractor-Co...

You plug your Chromecast into the "input" of the splitter, and then you grab an HDMI cable. Plug one end into the output of the splitter and the other end into the input of the monitor. Then you plug in your speakers or headphones to the audio output and you should now have sound.

You can't. It's impossible.

try it and see, won't hurt anything ..................................