Was I in the wrong wrong when trying to merge from one lane merging into another.?

I was driving in one lane on the highway in front of this car. Up ahead, the lane that I was in was going to merge to become the right lane of a two way road. The car behind put her turn signal on and was going to the left of me. But the thing is that we were still in the right lane so I kept driving right behind... show more I was driving in one lane on the highway in front of this car. Up ahead, the lane that I was in was going to merge to become the right lane of a two way road. The car behind put her turn signal on and was going to the left of me. But the thing is that we were still in the right lane so I kept driving right behind this school bus. and I merged into the right lane of the two way. This woman started honking at me and calling me a dumbass. But the thing was since we were both in the same lane since I was in front of her doesn't that give me the right to merge first even if she was trying to get around me? It wasn't like she got in her own separate lane. We were in the lane that was going to become one.