Ex marine going to Mexico?

So I got out of the corps in May a few months back I was a 0311 (grunt) so me with weapons isn’t a issue if I need safety anyways my dad wants to go to Mexico (I’m Hispanic/American) my dads full blown Mexican my moms born here anyways they both have papers obviously but my dad wants to go deep in mexico to visit... show more So I got out of the corps in May a few months back I was a 0311 (grunt) so me with weapons isn’t a issue if I need safety anyways my dad wants to go to Mexico (I’m Hispanic/American) my dads full blown Mexican my moms born here anyways they both have papers obviously but my dad wants to go deep in mexico to visit his mom he wants me to come but I’m scared due to the fact that I have sleeves on my arms basically (tattoos) and I clearly have “USMC” in the back of my triceps in big words im scared that 1 me having tattoos and looking Chicano will raise flags in Mexico to cartels 2 me having “USMC” on my arm will make me targeted for cartels but I’m not sure if that’s a myth my brother is also a marine actively he said cartels would kidnap me if they saw me is this actually likely ? I know when I was active in pendeelton they said no one is allowed to Mexico but they never said why. I’m wondering am I safe to travel to Mexico someone whose in or was in or that has some common sense let me know thank you
5 answers 5