Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 6 months ago

Ex marine going to Mexico?

So I got out of the corps in May a few months back I was a 0311 (grunt) so me with weapons isn’t a issue if I need safety anyways my dad wants to go to Mexico (I’m Hispanic/American) my dads full blown Mexican my moms born here anyways they both have papers obviously but my dad wants to go deep in mexico to visit his mom he wants me to come but I’m scared due to the fact that I have sleeves on my arms basically (tattoos) and I clearly have “USMC” in the back of my triceps in big words im scared that 1 me having tattoos and looking Chicano will raise flags in Mexico to cartels 2 me having “USMC” on my arm will make me targeted for cartels but I’m not sure if that’s a myth my brother is also a marine actively he said cartels would kidnap me if they saw me is this actually likely ? I know when I was active in pendeelton they said no one is allowed to Mexico but they never said why. I’m wondering am I safe to travel to Mexico someone whose in or was in or that has some common sense let me know thank you

The cartels do not operate "deep in Mexico". They operate at the border, to smuggle the drugs to the US where people have money to buy them. There are thousands of people from the US living happily in Mexico without any problems. One suggestion- wear long sleeved shirts.

• paul

if you had any common sense you would not be here asking this obvious troll question

Wear a long sleeve shirt and nobody will know.

• Eastside Guz

Adding to what Gypsyfish and Max Hoopla told you, wear pants down to your feet that are not exposed too and have a great and safe time in the interior of Mexico with your dad.

• audrey

Wear a long sleeved shirt in public.

• Mrsjvb

there is a reason most of Mexico is off limits to military personnel. they won't know nor care that you are no longer AD.