I accidentally deleted over 30k family pictures of my family. HOW DO I TELL MY DAD?

I was trying to reset my computer and my dad gave me a esd where all our family pictures where. From me and my siblings childhood and holidays and it is VERY valuable. I didnt notice a warning where it said it would wipe everything. The warning was a tiny text. How doni tell my dad! I am so scared and i am so sad. I have messed up so bad. I dont know what to do!!!!

Favorite Answer

They are not deleted merely allowed to be overwritten. So stop using the machine or more will be lost. Take it to PC World or similar as software exists to retrieve 'deleted' data.

i would take it to a computer store, they know how to bring deleted stuff back

Why would your dad store such a valuable collection of memorabilia on YOUR computer without any kind of back-up? Sounds fishy to me...

A computer shop can attempt data recovery.

• Kelly

If either of you was smart, you would have backed up those files elsewhere. You/he need to take it to the reputable computer repair shop at this point to see if they can restore them.

Source(s): IT professional