I need my license. I'm 18. I can't practice with my parents. What do I do?

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat- idk about your state laws and whatnot but I took a test got my permit and I’m having my dad teach me and also watching YouTube videos, extremely helpful, I live in a small town so the only “driving lessons” is drivers ed at the high school with a bunch of younger kids lol, just call your local dmv and explain, they’ll tell you what you need to know. I have my road test next week.

depends on state laws. at 18 with permit you might be able to practice with another licensed driver not a relative- might need to be over 21 or 25 depending on state law, but not need to be from a commercial school, just have a insured vehicle , roadworthy. Payment in Root Beer or Pabst need not be disclosed to DOT.

• May

Practice with someone else snowflake

If you're not smart enough to figure that out for yourself, you don't NEED a license.

• Scott

You pay for a professional driving school.

There are companies that teach you to drive, surely you're seen them.

Pay for lessons.

get a job. save up money. and get professional driving lessons.

Pay for lessons.