Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Direct translation of the Greek language New testament bible? Not king James.?

Not from the king James or other modern translation. Just exact English translation of greek. Can someone send a link?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You are describing an interlinear bible, which isn't a true translation.

Because of the different 'rules of grammar' the reading of a word for word translation, may give you the wrong understanding of what the writer actually meant.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/kingdom-i...

what is the quality of this interlinear?

Please notice these comments.

“It Is the Best Interlinear New Testament Available”

THAT is how Dr. Jason BeDuhn describes The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures. He explains:

“I have just completed teaching a course for the Religious Studies Department of Indiana University, Bloomington, [U.S.A.] . . . This is primarily a course in the Gospels. Your help came in the form of copies of The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures which my students used as one of the textbooks for the class. These small volumes were invaluable to the course and very popular with my students.”

Why does Dr. BeDuhn use the Kingdom Interlinear translation in his college courses? He answers: “Simply put, it is the best interlinear New Testament available. I am a trained scholar of the Bible, familiar with the texts and tools in use in modern biblical studies, and, by the way, not a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. But I know a quality publication when I see one, and your ‘New World Bible Translation Committee’ has done its job well. Your interlinear English rendering is accurate and consistent to an extreme that forces the reader to come to terms with the linguistic, cultural, and conceptual gaps between the Greek-speaking world and our own. Your ‘New World Translation’ is a high quality, literal translation that avoids traditional glosses in its faithfulness to the Greek. It is, in many ways, superior to the most successful translations in use today.”

—From a review of The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures, by Thomas N. Winter of the University of Nebraska, appearing in The Classical Journal, April–May 1974.

“This is no ordinary interlinear: the integrity of the text is preserved, and the English which appears below it is simply the basic meaning of the Greek word. . . . After examining a copy, I equipped several interested second-year Greek students with it as an auxiliary text. . . . The translation by the anonymous committee is thoroughly up-to-date and consistently accurate. . . . In sum, when a Witness comes to the door, the classicist, Greek student, or Bible student alike would do well to bring him in and place an order.”

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nothing from the JW cult.

They wrote their own rendition of the bible, and it's trash.

• 5 months ago

Oh, I do love it when JW ‘anonymous’ posts a question and then gives JW ‘teem’ the best answer. Lol, just doing a quick run back through ‘teem’s’ best answers. In the first 50 best answers that he has received 41 were for questions posted by ‘anonymous’. Mmmmm, Do I smell a rat here?

• Juli
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

They have to advertise their cult because nobody would ever seek out such lunacy.

• 5 months ago

The "Interlinear Greek-English New Testament" has what you are looking for.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Reading an interlinear Bible -- which is what you're talking about -- is tedious for English-speakers because you're not accustomed to the syntax/word order.

Example

. . . says the mother of Jesus to him, wine not they have, and says to her Jesus, what * to me and to you, woman? Not yet is come the hour mine. John 2:3-4

* “is it” being understood

I recommend the EOB New Testament = Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible, of which there's currently only the New Testament.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Charles
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

What does John 14:9 say?

• 5 months ago

In theory, you are looking for a "word for word" translation. The New American Standard Bible is that kind of translation.

• 5 months ago

First English translation version wasn't from Greek. It was Middle English from the Latin Vulgate, translated by John Wycliffe.

Coverdale Bible was the first English translation from Koine Greek about 200 years after Wycliffe.

What No Chance said is true, especially for Wycliffe's.

• 5 months ago

There are sites which do it word for word. Just Google.

• 5 months ago

Ain't much fun to read. The syntax is very different

https://www.logosapostolic.org/bibles/interlinear_...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The King James is 100% perfect. You can't translate from the Greek language "originals" since they are nowhere on the earth today. The King James is perfect. Use it.

The Bible is the absolute Word of God and is 100% true.

------

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

KJV is perfect, Reynaldo Weeks. Now take your boring filthy mouth and get a job.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.