whats the best kind of chicken to use when making fried chicken sandwhiches : chicken breasts, chicken cutlets, or boneless chicken thigh?

Favorite Answer

That is entirely based on people's preferences. Breast meat (like cutlets) has traditionally been seen as the highest quality of chicken. Chefs today are more likely to choose thighs because they are more moist and less dry. My preference is thighs and my wife would choose breasts. I am, in general, however, a big fan of breasts (but not for chicken).

• IvaB

All three cuts make an awesome sandwich.Personally I like the boneless thighs best.

It depends on cost per pound, and meat preference. While all three are best if they’re first tenderized and marinated, some prefer white meat over dark (thighs).

Definitely the boneless thighs. They have more flavor because of the fat content and won't dry out when you cook them. I recommend marinating them for a few hours in buttermilk or plain yogurt. For anyone saying that breast is healthier...it's going to be fried! If you wanted something healthy, eat a salad. But if you're going to try to make a delicious meal then do it right!

Cutlets, unless you slice a breast into pieces of uniform thickness. The chicken needs to cook evenly. Thighs are great cooked in sauces or fried, but not so good for a fried chicken sandwich.

By the way, William...how is it that you have a daughter that's 27 when you and your girlfriend are 28 - which you posted about four times?

Boneless chicken breast, bake sure it’s nice and flat.

Boneless chicken thighs IMO. Marinate them in pickle juice, use buttermilk and baking powder in your coating. They're juicer, more flavorful, and they fit better on a bun.

I would recommend chicken breast is the best part of chicken to use when making fried chicken sandwiches.

Chicken breast is the best part

Breats are the best. Forget the rest.