promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Homie asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 months ago

Seriously if Mexicans want to come to the United States so bad why didn't try harder to arrange annexation in the Polk era?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Areas of northern Mexico were incorporated into the United States in the mid-nineteenth century, following Texas independence and the Mexican–American War (1846–48) and generally known as the "Spanish Borderlands." During the period of Spanish rule, this area was sparsely populated even by indigenous peoples.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

The COUNTRY (that is the government) didn't want to be part of the United States. If you understand what has happened, it is mostly South Americans who are attempting to get into the US, through Mexico.

• 7 months ago

???? This is one example of how the current administration and Trumpkin party are dumbing down America. The net Mexican immigration is currently about 0 and has been for the past few years. The current immigration problems are not about Mexicans, they are about Central Americans fleeing the current living conditions where they live.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

maybe they did try and couldnt do it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

They were still pissed about the Battle of San Jacinto.

• 7 months ago

WHAT???? During Polk's administration, the US invaded and annexed a big hunk of the southwest.

PS: Your ungrammatical question makes it hard for me to understand what you want to know. WHO didn't try harder to arrange annexation?

• ...Show all comments
    • blu
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

I'd say Homie is prejudiced against (at least) Mexicans. It has been my observation, people likely to be racist are so obsessed by it they are compelled to manufacture nonsense looking for affirmations to their insecurities.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.