Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 9 months ago

Can you send sauce to a different country?

Okay this is going to sound super dumb, but I live in the UK and my American friend said they don’t do McDonald’s sweet curry sauce in America. Obviously, I am disgusted, and am therefore completely ready to send her a whole box full. But my issue is, can I even send her sauce if liquids aren’t allowed? Does it count as a liquid? The sauce would be completely fine as it has a 2 month shelf life and I’m willing to send it first class. However, I’ve looked it up quite a lot and nothing ever mentions sauce. Does anyone know if it’s allowed?

Favorite Answer

1. that is epic and you are a true hero

2. yes sauce is a liquid so just follow liquid guidelines

• Clive

The rules about liquids are only if you take them in person. It has nothing to do with sending anything by post.

• denise

I would enquire at the post office and or customs & excise to find out the rules & regs.

I'm not sure why you think you can't send liquids. If you are proposing to send them by mail, google 'liquids by mail royal mail' to find out the requirements. No, they aren't going to have requirements for just 'sauce'. It's covered under the liquids rule. Or walk into a post office and ask.

You may also want to check and see what is and is not allowed into Australia, since it's a food product. Generally speaking, processed foods are okay, but you never know. Isolated places like Australia can be very strict. You'll need to know the ingredients of the sauce.

• Clive

The question is not about Australia. READ IT.

Why not just send her the recipe. Cheaper also.

• Groovy_Unicorn

McDonalds isnt in the habit of giving out recipes.

i wouldnt send it unless youre sure you can

Go ahead and try. The worst that can happen is that customs will confiscate and destroy it.

You can send it but you have to make sure that it’s inside 2 containers in case there’s a spill. So if it spills out of one box, a second box is there to contain it. Might also want to put some paper towels around it to absorb the spill.

Why go through all that trouble to send something that’s so worthless. There are sites that recreates the sauce.

Sauce counts as a liquid so as long as it's a commercially packaged product it just has to go by standard guidelines