Is my ex playing with my feelings?

Me and my ex dated for 4 years. Me and his family are BEYOND close. We had planned on marrying eachother and having children. We were BEST FRIENDS. We broke up bc he couldn’t find happiness. And me knowing that he has depression, went along with it and told him “we already booked our tickets to ____’s wedding in... show more Me and my ex dated for 4 years. Me and his family are BEYOND close. We had planned on marrying eachother and having children. We were BEST FRIENDS.

We broke up bc he couldn’t find happiness. And me knowing that he has depression, went along with it and told him “we already booked our tickets to ____’s wedding in late September .. let’s just take this time to ourselves for self growth and meet up again for the flight. If things still don’t feel right.. then maybe it isn’t meant to be”

His family knew about our breakup and tricked the both of us into going to a bbq
We hadn’t talked for 3 weeks at this point. It was super awkward at first but a few drinks in, and we were talking!
Then we accidentally run into eachother in the hallway. Both drunk..and he grabs me and kisses me. Then apologizes. And we act like that didn’t happen.

We end up staying the night at his brothers house bc drunk. We slept with our backs facing away. But then the morning came and he was all over me. He was kissing me all morning and we ended up hanging out ALL DAY and things were SO NICE. We were genuinely happy.

so we’re watching a movie and midway he just stands up and says “I have to head home now” and without saying a word to me, drives off.
I try calling him to see if we can talk for a minute about today and all he says is “I woke up drunk I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done anything that I did." And hung up.

We still have the wedding. I’m just so confused and hurt. What’s going on in his head.
1 answer 1