promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

A prophet I watch online said when God tells you to do something - He will tell you to do something you can't do without God's help?

What are your thoughts?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

First of all, that's untrue, except in the sense that all of us need God's help. Jonah was told to go preach to Nineveh (Jon 1:2). There's was nothing inherently difficult in that request that a non-Jewish international businessman in that day could not have done.

Second, unless the man proves himself a prophet with miraculous signs (Ex 4:1-9; Ac 2:22), he is a false prophet prophesying out of this imagination (Ezk 13:2). Based on passages such as 1Cor 13:8-10, it appears all that prophesying and such ended long, long ago.

I recall watching TBN one time when a guest "prophet" was on Paul Crouch's show prophesy that the temple in Jerusalem would be built before the network founder died. He died and the temple still has yet to be rebuilt.

Better yet, Pat Robertson once predicted that God would punish Orlando with a major hurricane within a year of Disney openly supporting the gay movement. Orlando was never hit with a hurricane that year, but Virginia Beach, VA was--the home of Pat Robertson.

Let's just put it this way. If there was a true prophet of God out there, you wouldn't have to ask about him on YARS.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mene, I said, "all of us need God's help". But do you need God's help to be kind toward others as he commands? If so, is unkindness just a situation where God refused to help someone? Maybe I misunderstood your point.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

does this prophet monetize their videos?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

The Virgin Mary, while infinitely less than God, is the greatest of creatures and is Our Lady of Perpetual Help. It is good to honor her each day by reciting the rosary with care. She can help one with any problem in life.

• GA41
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.(Matthew 7:15)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Stop listening to online prophets.

• 9 months ago

Any self-proclaimed prophet is full of it (especially ones on the internet) , take everything they say with a grain of salt.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

That is nonsense. However, it is true that just about anything is easier to accomplish when you rely on God's guidance.

• 9 months ago

I don't believe God tells people to do things in particular. That's the belief of someone with huge self-importance. I believe perhaps people are inspired to do things through angels (souls)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.