Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

I'm easily overwhelmed by some things. Am I just overwhelmed, or is it a type of anxiety?

I'm easily overwhelmed by having to many people talking to me at once, or being talked to with other loud noises in the back ground. As well as cramped places (like grocery stores/markets for example) being crowded with tons of people. I can feel myself start to heat up and become very panicky. Sometimes when stuff like this happens, I end of denying the possibility completely and believing that I'm just overreacting. Is it anxiety, and is denying these problems a sign of it too?

• Elle
    Favorite Answer

None of us want to think or believe we are 'less' than anyone else around us. I've had PTSD my whole life. What does this mean? For me, all of my sensory perceptions are on 'over drive' 24/7. Lights? yes. I require low lights in my home. Sounds? yes. I ask grandkids to vacuum for me. You see, taking one thing at a time and figure out how to 'live with it'.

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains, oceans, and galaxies, looked at you and said the world needed one of you too?

My biggest weakness: distractions... there is NO shame. Learn what you must do when you know distractions will happen more on one day than other's.

Food: OK, 3 years ago, my food store started the "Pickup and/or Delivery" shopping. That is such a huge relief. I take time to shop online and then choose what day and time I want the delivery to come! Is there a fee? Yes, $5

What a bargain to have someone else shop for me and deliver it.

What you have shared in your question, I've had at some point in time. You know what? Its OK to be a little broken. Then some day you can help others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiiadnMvm20

Youtube thumbnail

You’re screwed.............