Why does no one even begin to blame the original people who sold them into slavery, and now it's my fault that your cousins were sold?

Mine were sold to and I'm also mad about that.. you owe me 7Million$.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

maybe cause they dont like to blame anyone

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Yes. everyone is blaming Elyse Rose for slavery.

its a shame.

• 12 months ago

The people who profited from slavery in a country that was supposedly founded on the idea that all men are created equal with certain inalienable rights are the ones who are primarily being blamed.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

D effort by some people, mainly conservatives, in the US to evade responsibility by noting historical fact that the original settlers in the slave trade were Africans, is off base. That's because without Europeans buying slaves these African Traders would not have sold them in the first place. The African slave Traders do bear responsibility, but they were responding to Market opportunities provided by Europeans, and later euro-americans, who were looking for slaves. The US doesn't escape responsibility for slavery just because other people had a hand in it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

good point- blame all the ****** in afrika.

• 12 months ago

Of course we blame the original slavers. And those that prospered from it.

But today we support economic slaves. We haven't changed. We still persist in the view that it is smart or clever to take advantage of someone else.

Now the trouble is that the system is a CAPITALIST one. So someone who HAS capital has a great start in life and in almost all cases will become wealthy.

Anyone without capital is doomed to poverty.

So now to the problem. If the blacks were kept impoverished as slaves they had no capital.

So even today there is a huge disparity with the capital and with the outcomes.

To that extent it can be our fault if we are living a higher standard of living at the expense of someone else.

Which is exactly what it was for the slave owners of the past.

If we refuse to alter the system to make it fairer then the only other process is to shift capital to make it fairer.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

When are you going to reimburse the slaveowners for the laziness of their slaves? Or US taxpayers for the laziness of Dindu welfare queens?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.