how come many intelligent people seem wicked , immoral, but many lesser intelligent people seem good, righteous types?

you would think that someone who is good and righteous would be gifted with intelligence, but why it seems opposite of true many times, evil, immoral people are blessed with intelligence?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Having integrity and having analytical intelligence have nothing to do with each other. Even if we accept your proposition that smart people are more likely to do evil, we would have to define what type of intelligence are we talking about. Is it analytical? Spatial? Memory? Emotional? Verbal? The question is too complex.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Pride is the source of atheism and of most sin.

• barty
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Maybe because your church has trained you to see intelligence as evil. A lot of religious organizations seem to spread that prejudice.

• 6 months ago

not true ! the natural man is an enemy to God, no matter how rich or how less intelligent.

there are those of autistic level intelligence that know and learn that it is required to be baptized.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Morality is a form of intelligence and it isn't morality that grants intelligence but maturity - God began to increase my intelligence 4-5 years ago but it took 16 years before it happened.

• 6 months ago

Because you do not have enough brains to tell the difference.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm in the top 2% of the world in IQ. I would not consider myself evil. But I do get angry at stupid people.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

so do you think that the really smart, but really evil people are just really p.o. ed at stupid people? why?

• Jake
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

By reciting the rosary each day with care and doing fasting, a person can live a more loving and virtuous life and can become more truly wise.

• 6 months ago

Highly developed cognizant skills often lead to material wealth, political power, etc. But it seems that moral bankruptcy goes hand in hand with those attributes, witness recent events with wealthy Epstein and wealthy and powerful Trump.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.