Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Is this really hoarding?

I learnt hoarding can also develop due to traumatic past. I grew up in an abusive environment, and even after my parents separated, I had few issues, such as oblivious of my surroundings, social anxiety, uncontrollable anger, and messy room. On top of that, I had a few childhood items I didn't throw away until recently; e.g. a money-box I kept for 15 years.

I'm 22 now, and threw away every item from my childhood (useless stuff such as a thread or even an old computer mouse I bizarrely didn't want to throw away.) My current philosophy is: something not used for two years, discard. Does that make me a hoarder?

Or is this new drive for cleanliness another form of coping mechanism? According to my therapist, I know exactly all that's wrong with me and I don't need psychiatric treatment, and yet I didn't realise how I was hoarding...?...

Can anyone guide me kindly.

• k w

depends. did you ever get back to back prescriptions for different antibiotics from different doctors ? AND did you suddenly lose the urge we all usually get to pick up the mess ?