promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
. asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 9 months ago

Do white people have more birth defects than other races?

I’ve noticed that in school, almost all the special ed kids are white. Is this just because there are more white people in America or do white people just have more special needs kids?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

There are no races

Whites outnumber everybody else 5 to 1 in the USA

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

No Muslims do that's why their kids have their heads and bodies atached to one another freaky people

• TNO
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Unless you can present me with data that shows otherwise, generally speaking we assume that birth defects are distributed evenly and proportionally amongst all racial groups. So, no. There are other explanations for why you may think the way you do.

Chances are, as America is mostly white, the kids in your special ed class are mostly white because that's how demographics work. Unless you're in a mostly non-white area, it's expected that more kids in special ed will be white simply because there are more white people. Also, in the media, these issues are often displayed using white people afflicted with these conditions. Historically speaking, special ed classes where shown to be mostly white, so your confusion can stem from there. Lastly, are you sure that some of the Latino or Middle Eastern students don't pass as white? On that note, how do you count mixed race kids, particularly those brown-skinned individuals with one white parent and one black one? You could be familiar with a few of the special ed kids without realizing their true race.

One thing to note: Birth defect doesn't always translate to intellectual disability. Sure, Down's Syndrome is a birth defect...but so is a cleft lip, or a ventricular septal defect (basically a hole in the heart). Or spina bifida. There are a LOT of birth defects that don't put kids in special ed, or can be dealt with without involving special needs. Cleft lips can be fixed with plastic surgery, and I think they're the most common in Native Americans and not white people.

• 9 months ago

Zionism could be the reason !

• ...Show all comments
    • BravoSierra9 months agoReport

No need you have decent impression of me,I am not here to impress people, but to help you guys to see clearer, and this is not sarcastic.
      Again, I am stongly against the racist comments of pro-Palestinians when it comes to Judaism or other religions, hope that this is clear enough to everybody.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

What country do you live?

Every other black person I have met is slow...

• donnie
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Maybe because there is more whites people in the school.

• 9 months ago

Some possible reasons:

1) There are more white people in America, so 10% of them would just equal more kids,

2) White people often are more aware of what schools can offer, so the parents know how to get services for their children more often,

3) The culture of some ethnic groups leads to people not putting their kids in special education--they may have a family friend or someone at church tutor the child, instead, or

4) There may be more children of color in classes away from the regular school, in other, more specialized, programs.

Source(s): School Psychologist for 21 years
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.