The bottom of my vegetable steamer melted into the pot I was using, what should I do?

I just bought a new vegetable steamer basket. While using it like The idiot I am, I put the heat on too high and the plastic "legs" on the bottom of it had melted into the water without me noticing. Does this completely ruin my batch of steamed veggies? Should I use the steamer basket again or throw it... show more I just bought a new vegetable steamer basket. While using it like The idiot I am, I put the heat on too high and the plastic "legs" on the bottom of it had melted into the water without me noticing.
Does this completely ruin my batch of steamed veggies?
Should I use the steamer basket again or throw it away?
there is black residue at the bottom of my pot that I used to cook, is that completely ruined too?

This is the steamer itself:
https://www.amazon.com/Steamer-Stainless-Vegetable-Folding-Expandable/dp/B06Y4MCKFM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7SJBLTB58ERS&keywords=vegetable+steamer+basket&qid=1566771328&s=gateway&sprefix=vegetable+steamer+ba%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-3#customerReviews