I told this guy I like him and he likes me back but he’s leaving soon. What should I do?

I went over to this guy’s room and we were talking and watching tv and we kind of messed around. ( I’ve been over to his place a few times). So I asked him if he was looking for a relationship with anybody and he said “I’m not sure why?” Then I said “ I asked you that because I’m starting to like you.” He said “ I... show more I went over to this guy’s room and we were talking and watching tv and we kind of messed around. ( I’ve been over to his place a few times). So I asked him if he was looking for a relationship with anybody and he said “I’m not sure why?” Then I said “ I asked you that because I’m starting to like you.” He said “ I like you too but I’m going to be going on deployment in a few months ( were both in the military btw) and I don’t do long distant relationships. It just didn’t work out for me.” And I asked him “if you weren’t going on deployment, would you want a relationship?” He said “ most definitely. I would want a relationship with you”
I don’t want to say that I’m sad I just thought me and him had something going. Any advice???