Connor asked in SportsBasketball · 6 months ago

What sport is the easiest to get a scholarship for?

I’m about to enter my freshman year of and I really want to go to college, but I doubt I will be able to afford it so I thought I should try to get a scholarship. Out of these sports which is the easiest to go to college for with no experience until your freshman year;

Football

Basketball

Baseball

Wrestling

Soccer

• STEVE
    Favorite Answer

I worked the scholarship committee for my college. Somebody won a $500 golf scholarship and they never played golf. They just happened to be the only person who applied

Go for sports that aren't as popular among teens. And just apply. Each school offers several hundreds of scholarships (most are them aren't for that much -- $500 when I worked the committee) You'll be surprised how many scholarships are won because no-one else applied, and how many scholarships nobody applied for

Now if you're looking for a full-ride scholarship (in sports), THEN you have to be an elite athlete. Basketball and football will probably be the hardest because so many people play the sport

You should try to leverage whatever physical talents you possess. Are you tall? Strong? Can you run fast? Do you have good hand-eye coordination? Find out what you're good at physically, then choose a sport where that aptitude is important.

Every sport is NOT easy.

You cannot play college sports if you don't care about education.

i would just try to get them and see and then you'll know

Well, you have to be standout... really good at the sport.

The ones I hear most often about is basketball, but that is purely based on sight.

I have no idea what the actual numbers are... nor can I tell you which sport out of the listed is "easiest" to be good at.