Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

My mom is always yelling at my dad and that makes me sad, how do I get her to be nice to him?

Favorite Answer

I think you can do something. Your mom can hear you better. Just talk to her exactly like you say here. "Mom, it makes me sad to hear you yelling at dad. Can you please be nice to him? He is my dad."

you cant but maybe you can ask god to do that

Your parents' relationship has noting to do with you. It's between them. If your mother is a yeller, she is. If your dad doesn't like it, he will have a conversation with her about their communication problems.

Worry about yourself and stop worrying about this stuff. Honestly, some couples have very strange relationships and some people are really good at ignoring this yelling stuff.

You didn't say why she's yelling? Did it ever occur to you that he frustrates your Mom in some ways? Their marital issues are between them. And what's going on in someone else's marriage isn't always apparent. Let them work it out. They might, they might not. Essentially it's not your problem.

• KTJoe

Unfortunately nothing you can do about parents but when yelling gets too much go to bedroom close door and call a relative, if yelling turns to fighting call police.

There's absolutely nothing that you can do, not now, not ever!...

I know that it's a sad situation and you wish you could fix things or help them have a better relationship - you might even blame yourself. But you don't have any authority over them, DON'T waste your time and DON'T ruin your life trying to fix them or making them better people. That is a psychiatrist or therapist job.

You can get seriously disappointed and depressed by trying that. Don't intervene, ask them to see a therapist or ask a relative to talk to them.

you cant, all you can do is pray that god gets her to be nicer to him

It is not your job to do this.