Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 11 months ago

It’s August and I am already worried about Christmas, what do I do?

Favorite Answer

Don't worry about Christmas. It'll come round as always. You'll spend money you don't have buying gifts for people you don't care about and those people won't appreciate your gifts and will throw them in the garbage on 26 December.

Don't worry about Christmas. Worry about that niggling pain you have in your abdomen - it's probably cancer. Worry about your kids recent mood swings - she's depressed and might end her life. Worry about your husband working late so much at the office - he's unhappy, he's having an affair, he doesn't give a flying fúck about Christmas - he wants someone to talk to about something that matters. That could be you if you weren't so pre-occupied with a phoney festival celebrating the phoney birth of a supposed carpenter who never actually made a decent chair.

Source(s): If Jesus was such a celebrated carpenter, how come not a single piece of his exists today? Not a chair, table, spice rack, nothing. It's all a myth.
    • Billandhiscats

At last. A shining light of common sense in a world obsessed by mysticism and the impossible

• denise

Nowadays I start to think about it 3 weeks before, or sometimes less.

I book an online shop for my xmas groceries, And I dont buy many presents anymore, just our close family, Dont write as many cards as I used to and only put up a 3rd of the decorations that I used to.

Running round buying gifts and sourcing the xmas food is a thing of the past for me these days. At most, its 2 days, then all the shops are open again, some of them are open for sales on Boxing day!,

My suggestion is ;- Chillax, and take it as it comes, But not Yet!!

• Lv 5

the things you've mentioned do make christmas less stressful - for example the shops opening again on Boxing Day. But sadly these things also devalue Christmas. When I was a kid the shops shut for 3 days, everyone was off work, money was tight, it meant so much more

just try to think about something else

• Lv 5

Very sound advice as always from Pearl.

If Christmas has such a great importance to you, start the preparations right now.

Not worry.........

• .

Do you Christmas shopping four months early. And start decorating your Christmas tree.