One of my good friends is dating my ex girlfriend now?

I m in college and dated this girl for two years. We just started senior year and I found out my good friend was talking to my ex girlfriend all summer and they have been hooking up for about a week and he plans on dating her. I am very upset about this and not sure what to do. It has me feeling pretty depressed and embarrassed and idk what to do now. We didn't end on great terms and having to see them like this really stings

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Nitro
    Lv 5
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's the thing. If you and your ex-girlfriend are broken up, you have to expect that she's going to date other people. If your girlfriend likes your friend, they both have the right to date each other. However, I do think that it was inconsiderate of your friend to not be upfront with you about his feelings.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

You can distance yourself from this friend if you so choose. It is kind of disrespectful for him to be dating her if he's really your "good friend".

• 11 months ago

Your ex girlfriend has moved on. Maybe it's time you do too?

• 11 months ago

You are either not over her yet or still seek closure. That or you simply have strong views about 'friends and exes not dating' thing.

Since you asked openly, I would be honest: this doesn't concern you anymore. It's been a long while since you broke up, she's allowed to move on and date, same as you. Although it is kinda awkward your friend wanting to date her, but he hasn't yet, just hooked up; he might also be comtemplating how to approach this with you. Give him benefit of doubt.

In mean time, try getting over it. This is about two other people, one of whom not in your life anymore. Just let it go, not the end of the world.

Good luck. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

I'm gathering he never told you? For me, if a mate wants to graft my ex, I'd want them to tell me, not as in needing permission, just out of total respect. A friend of mine did this to me also, we're still friends but we did fall out for a short time as I learnt from her that they was dating,mid rather hear it from him, uno what j mean

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.