Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Constitution question?

If you swear at the police as long as you do not threaten them e.g. go f**k yourself is that protected by free speech?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

It may be constitutionally okay but very rude. I mean unless the police man or woman mistreated you then there is no reason to be swearing at them. While it may be free speech and they can not arrest you for that specificity messing with them is not a good idea. They may find something to arrest and/or fine you on just for making them mad. There also may be a situation where the police are planning on cutting you a break or a lighter fine but saying that got you arrested or ticketed. The police are also the people who may be in charge of saving your life.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Yes it is. You can even tell them to go f**k themselves.

• 6 months ago

While they're asking you what happened concerning a victim, lying on the ground, who is bleeding to death? I'ld call that a bad idea, dude.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Even if it is, I wouldn't try it unless the circumstances were extremely dire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sharon
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

police don't pay any attention to the Constitution, and will treat you however they see fit so long as no cameras are active

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It is. And you may prevail in court. However it might not stop a cop from kicking you in the stomach.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You can. The cop is also likely to bring this up when you go on trial, complete with the recording on his body camera.

• 38lsb
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

How would you react if someone said that to you, you can exercise your free speech all you want but that still won't protect you from getting your **** kicked.

• 6 months ago

i am a cop and i arrest everyone that is rude to me

• 6 months ago

Not if it could be interpreted as a threat by a reasonable person. Obscenities are often precursors to violence.

So this may not be a Constitutional question after all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.