can i get a savings account go if my credit is bad? how can i?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Yes you can get get a savings account at the bank with bad credit. The whole point of a savings account is to save money and get monthly interest.

• Login to reply the answers
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes you can

Go to the bank with an ID, your SSN and enough cash for the minimum required deposit

Banks do not do credit checks on depositors unless they apply for a loan

• 6 months ago

Savings should be just fine.

• 6 months ago

Even if you have cash to put into a bank account, banks typically conduct a credit check on their depositors and may deny you if you look like a deadbeat or crook.

• ...Show all comments
    • John6 months agoReport

They may if they want to lose a ton of potential new customers. There would be nothing for them to gain by doing this.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, go to a bank and apply

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Most banks do not check your credit but a small amount..10-20% may. Far more, maybe all, subscribe to Chexsystems which is like credit but only for banks/credit unions. If you have screwed another bank or credit union in the last 7 years...even if it was $35 6 years ago, others will not open an account.

But most banks do not check your regular credit unless attempting to borrow.

• 6 months ago

I don't know banks that check your credit to open an account. To sign up for a credit card or overdraft protection, yes, I could see but there is no credit risk for you having a savings account.

• 6 months ago

Check at a bank. It's probably all right, unless you owed a bank fees in the past and were blacklisted.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes. Banks will still take your depot if you have bad credit. There's no risk for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.