sign your signature, and put this word behind it. In the court of law it means your signature is not there.What is the word, definition?

I need to know a legalese word That starts with an A.

If you sign your signature, and put this word behind it. In the court of law it means your signature is not there. What is the word? TY for the help.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Neil
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

There is no such word.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

There is no such word.

• Sonjingohan6 months agoReport

Yes there is. The CQV trust is real so that is real.

• Yeti
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You might be thinking of "V.C." which stands for Vi Coactus. It's a way to indicate you were forced to sign something under duress. Being forced to sign something can invalidate your signature.

I know this one. Its not this one you put at the end. You can also put it at the end of a statement, and it will make the whole statement not be there.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Attribute Based Signature or ABS. I have no idea if this is what you're talking about.

No not the one. I thin is starts an, ad, ano, something like that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

There is no such word. The law might seem strange, but it's no so weird as to deny facts. If your signature is there, then it's there. Perhaps you didn't mean it, perhaps you were forced, but it's still your signature. Sometimes the important legal question is what did you mean when you wrote your signature.

-------------

Putting "V.C." before / after / on top of the signature doesn't mean that the signature "isn't there". The physical signature is still there. Vi coactus means "having been forced". You might be thinking of "vi aut metu", which means about the same thing. Please don't claim that an invalid signature is somehow magically "not there", when the signature is right there on the paper for all to see.

• ...Show all comments

There is its V.C. before it. This one can also be used if you put in at the end of the statement, it will make that statement not there even though it is. The way he said it is. The word nullifies everything before it.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Attest. as far as I know.

No that has nothing to do with a signature. It means its not there. Even know it is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.