When applying to a Master's program, if a school has a minimum GPA requirement and my undergrad GPA is below it, should I just not apply?

So after 2 years of law school and realizing that it wasn't something I wanted to do as a career, I withdrew myself from the school. Since I now only have my BA to go on, my family and I decided that I should try to get into a Master's program so I can stand out a little when I do finally apply for a... show more So after 2 years of law school and realizing that it wasn't something I wanted to do as a career, I withdrew myself from the school. Since I now only have my BA to go on, my family and I decided that I should try to get into a Master's program so I can stand out a little when I do finally apply for a job.

But my undergraduate GPA was only a 2.90, and every single schools I've been looking at require a 3.0 minimum (unless work experience is exceptional) in order to event apply. Based on that, should I just not bother attempting to apply? Or could I make up for that with a well-written personal essay/statement?