Is there a Guitar tuning thats higher than half step down but lower than E standard?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • GJ
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Some people like to tune to an A 320 tuning as opposed to A 440. They believe that tuning A to 320 cycles per second is more in line with the frequencies generated by our bodies and the earth. Before the invention of the piano and various standard tunings, humanity generally tuned to the A 320 as a natural go-to.

• ...Show all comments
    • Me2
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

For the record, tuning to A = 320Hz would lower the pitch about one-half OCTAVE.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

depends on how married you are to equal temperament.... but there is a name for being a quarter step down- it's called being out of tune.

• Me2
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I play a number of pieces with each string tuned a semitone either up or down (↓E♭ ↓A♭ ↑E♭ ↑A♭ ↑C ↓E♭), but I don't see any real utility for fractions of a semitone.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

E flat standard tuning the next step down from E standard. There is no quarter step.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Of course - there's 1/4 step down if that's what you really want for some reason.

• 6 months ago

Probably, but you would have to use a kapo...then again there's 1/4 tuning

• ...Show all comments
    • Hernando
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Dark Alchemist - it's spelled "capo" and that's the least of your problems. Please explain how one can use a capo to lower the pitch.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.