Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

How to forget and move forward over past mistakes?

Okay, so I'm not evil and haven't done anything that wrong. I've been suffering from depression and low self esteem that caused me to push away everyone in my life (luckily not my wife and some friends see I'm hurting inside) and suffered awful panic attacks and, although never became horrible, just became bitter. No I'm moving forward, but can't get by who I was and how people must hate me. What's a good mindset?

• M.P.

Sounds like you're just getting old. Just accept the fact that after 40 you stop feeling things (like orgasms, sympathy, joy) and you become bitter, cynical and tired of ****. Welcome to old age - there's no pill for knowledge and subsequent disillusionment - you've just lived too long and know too much! It's like Plato said, "the more you know, the more you realize you didn't know"!

• Gert

You have to learn how to forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes but you draw a line in the sand and move on. Get help.

• justin

I care. im sorry... God is testing you to care. to want the best for everyones soul love god and love good peopel when its hard. If I cna help send me a mesage my kik is gerberstuffbabies my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310 and my facebook is camaro elfyboy with a pink sword art online anime picture. Depresion is a disease and u must fight back. I've been thru this, know many friends who are working thru it with my help. u must see thru this illusion . If I didn't care I wouldnt bother replying . Therfore I do care . Therfore i want u to reply. For me accepting that god loves me and wants the best for me and pushing away/blocking negative thoughts and feelings helps alot. Create a rubber band like forcefield within the center of ur mind and use it to push slowly but forcefully all the negativity out of ur mind. Pull urself within this rubber band force field and use it to create some space inside that u can have hope and faith that god will make right all wrongs if u can. Another trick is to put things in perspective. To see the world and ur life as a short temporary schooling for ur soul where u whould try to learn what u cna when u are here cause afterwards is an eternity of perfect bliss and good things. if u cna do it right it often will make u feel ur negativity melt away. All pain and suffering will be reimbursed he told me and it will not be a 1 to 1 ratio but 100 to 1. some pain types differ like oppression which is even more so. So do not allow the sadness to win.

• 38lsb

I was like that and I learned that by me acting in a more welcoming way that it didn't take long for people to see the change in me and they were quite happy to see it. Most people were much more understanding than I'd ever thought.

we are constantly learning through life until the day we die, we are all bound to make mistakes, don't beat yourself up over it, but learn from it and move forward- goodluck on your quest.