Please help me determine whether my close friend has schizophrenia or not...?

She’s 17 and in the last 4-6 months or so (I’ve known her for 2 years) she has been acting really strangely. Sometimes she has a childlike behavior where she talks like a small child and talks very disorganized with thoughts jumping around and odd phrases and needs me to do a lot of very simple things for her and... show more She’s 17 and in the last 4-6 months or so (I’ve known her for 2 years) she has been acting really strangely. Sometimes she has a childlike behavior where she talks like a small child and talks very disorganized with thoughts jumping around and odd phrases and needs me to do a lot of very simple things for her and other times she acts very very agitated and gets very upset and mad at me about small things. She told me she has two different personalities, one that is a 4 year old and is gay and one that is 17 and straight(she is bi). She tends to repeat a lot of things over and over like words and actions in her childlike voice for some reason also. I find her whispering to herself or talking to herself out loud. If I ask her who I’m talking to she says one of the names of her personalities and talks to herself, saying she is talking to her other personality... I really can’t tell if she is just being weird? Could it be she is just acting weird and not being serious? Please help
1 answer 1