Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 11 months ago

Broke up with BF should I meet him or play hard to get??? Need help ASAP?

I am not sure if me and my boyfriend are still together. We got in a terrible fight and I tried to make amends the next day but he ignored me. I left him a text and voicemail explaining that I felt hurt by his words, but I also knew where he was coming from. But he made no attempt to meet me in the middle. He finally responded saying “I can meet today to talk.” Should I meet him or play hard to get? In our fight he said we spend so much time together that he doesn’t miss me anymore. So I figured I should give him more time to “miss me.” The problem is that I already confirmed I would meet him today. So if I decide not to, idk if it will piss him off or make him want me more.

Just move on. He's not a very good communicator. I don't care what happened. If you two were close and if you wanted to talk about the situation, and he avoids you? This is a huge sign of things to come in the future.

I'd keep your word and meet him today. Terrible fights are not a good sign. Good communication is essential to having a long lasting relationship. The key question here is whether or not he's a strong guy.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already), break up with this guy in a kind way unless he’s a strong person with whom you feel you could develop mutual true love with (as in a lifelong commitment), and eventually look for this type of guy (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of man is difficult to find – but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS The best way to get to know a strong man without dating is to participate in the activities of a community service or a school organization.

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up

If he is an adult, don't t play kid games. If he is a kid, it I too hard to judge

If you broke up, he is no longer any of your business.

If you made a mistake... Learn from it.

If he wants to meet... Decide which will be the next mistake

(meet or not meet) AND DEAL WITH IT.

play hard to get, always the best policy

So WHY are you asking us now, if you already told him you would meet him? GEEZ.

• g

Don't play games. Stand by your word and prove you're better than that, or leave him alone.

Flake on him. The more time he spends away from you the more he'll realize what he really wants. If it makes him mad, whatever, but what matters more is the time he spends away from you.

Just get together and communicate like adults. After this, let him miss you. And don't play it as a game, just back off a little, as it sounds like he's trying to let you know he needs some breathing room. It's really not that big of a deal if you back up and and take a look at the whole picture. And if you feel like he's simply pushing you away and not warming up to you after you give him some space, I recommend ending it and finding a man who WILL like to spend time with you, because they exist!