Do you sometimes regret purchasing the car that you drive?

I bought a Honda Accord lx 2017 last year and it s a very nice car. Definitely a great upgrade from the 05 Malibu that I used to have before it gave me a lot of problems.

Although it s a nice car. I used to get a ton of compliments when I first picked it up, I still do get some compliments which feels good lol. I just feel like paying nearly $700 for my monthly note and insurance is killer for my wallet sometimes. Not to mention routine maintenance and gas. IDK. I love driving the car but sometimes I don't think it was worth it.

Only once. Never make that mistake again.Driving is like anything else you should enjoy the ride.

My current car ? Nope, not one bit. It is a 2009 Kia Rondo, and I love this car. It is the best car I've ever had, and my car history goes back over 40 years.

Unfortunately, Kia changed the body of the Rondo between 2012 and 2014, and they stopped making it in 2017. I really, really wish that they still made the 2009-2012 style Rondo, I would buy another one without any doubt.

Cars suck....all my $$$$$

I usually feel a twinge of regret any time I spend a large amount of money - but I'm pretty good at finding (and talking) deals, and making sure they are in good mechanical condition before I purchase them.

I was a little mad when the '12 Nissan Versa Hatchback I bought with less than 20K on it had the clutch fail 6K miles later (and even madder when the dealership I purchased it from wanted to charge me $2,500 to replace the clutch and flywheel).

I fought with them, then took it up the chain - getting all the way to the regional Nissan people - all of whom refused to fix it as a warranty repair. Finally, I just took the car back, bought a clutch/flywheel kit from Autozone.com for $320, and installed it myself over a weekend.

The aftermarket clutch is far better than the stock one, which had a stupid 2-piece flywheel - which most likely was part of the reason both the clutch and flywheel were burned and ruined (although the first owner may have driven the first 19K miles with their foot laying on the clutch pedal).

It's been a good, inexpensive, damn good fuel mileagem daily commuter.

A few used ones, Yes. Right now , the Toyota..

My one new one, no. It was almost a business expense. Needed reliable, waranteed trans. for work., So, the $250/mo was allowed for. (would be like $500, now) My insurance did not go up, as not financed. Loan on the money.

Cars are rarely an investment, they are a running expense like rent. Must allow for it. At least You aren't fixing the same thing. over-and-over,.Driving rather than shelling out $ every month for some broke part.

i have not bought any of the cars i drove they were all given to me from my parents whom i paid under the table to help with expenses. they were the ones who bought the cars i had little to no say in any of it. i am currently looking to buy a new car ( used but saving up still ) i really don't care what car i drive but since i know this car will be used for quite a long time im looking for something i enjoy looking at as well as has ease of fixing with little costs and little maintenance issues.

i already know what car i want it's just a matter of saving at this point but those cars i want are often abused and modified for performance or looks or both so it's just a waiting game at this point but the car is cheap since it's older, has lots of aftermarket parts, and is made by a reliable brand. right now we are in the middle of transfering my grandpa's ford wildstar van into my/my dads name as my grandpa is getting old and barely drives and the car is having issues now so we are going to try and salvage it and fix it up and use it until i can get my own car. he is still able to drive it if he wants were not forcing him to get rid of it as it is his car but he drives maybe 1 mile only 2-3 days of the week. the car is beat up and way too big for me but honestly idc if it drives i'll use it as what i need is transportation idgaf about looks

• arther

why drive the latest modle car its only transport waste of cash who cares what people think or say. Do you own your house?

I know I drive a 2017 Rogue its alot everyone is on the same boat. but are you happy? if so then forget about the money.

I bought a 2013 Nissan Leaf to test the electric technology to see if I liked it. My wife likes it so much she won't let me sell it even though I was in line to get one of the first Tesla 3's. I decided I wanted a crossover EV. The Nissan Leaf only cost $9k, is faster than most small cars and is almost free to drive.

With a little effort you could probably find your Malibu and for a price could probably buy it back .... good luck and I hope it works out for you !