Cast Iron Pan questions?

I don't think a Cast Iron pan ought to be rocket science... but I'm new to this. I used it for some meat and then I rinsed it with a tiny bit of detergent. think I got all the food off. Then, it was cool, so I rubbed a layer of vegetable oil on the inside of the pan and heated it up till the oil began to... show more I don't think a Cast Iron pan ought to be rocket science... but I'm new to this. I used it for some meat and then I rinsed it with a tiny bit of detergent. think I got all the food off.
Then, it was cool, so I rubbed a layer of vegetable oil on the inside of the pan and heated it up till the oil began to really smoke. Then I let it cool.

I guess I let it cool for too long because I couldn't wipe up the excess oil. I heated it back up again and was able to wipe up some a bit of excess oil with a paper towel. but now the pan looks "clean" in some places and greasy in others.

Is this a problem?
Update: update: it is now cool enough to touch, and the greasy spots feel greasy.