Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

How do you like Lindsey Graham's "solution' to the trillion dollar deficit the GOP tax cut has created: cutting social security and medicare?

• James

Nope. I don’t believe punishing the poor and the elderly to protect tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires.

• Sam

That is a terrible idea.

That is the problem - that any efforts to balance the budget are met with cries of being called baby killers. It is simple mathematics that something has to be done to lessen the impact of social security and medicare or they will simply have to start paying about 80% of what was promised in a few years. The tax cut has not created the deficits, otherwise Obama would not have spent ten trillion dollars more than he made in eight years. If the government spent as much as George Bush spent we would be drowning in surplus money right now.

• Yavan

Well, of course.

The GOP's main belief is that only rich people are allowed to benefit from the largesse of the state, or the benefits of civilization, for that matter. The rich must own everything, including all the praise for progress. Ordinary people need to be punished for not being among the elect. In the last decades, conservatism in America has gone from reckless to actively evil. The very idea of democracy disgusts them. What they want to return to is the aristocracies of old. It is not enough for the poor to be poor; they must also adulate their aristocratic masters and their suffering must be obvious, so that the aristocracy may savor its privileges better. The thought of starving children makes the bubble in their champagne tickle their palates just a little bit better.

• John W

I like my solution better. Get rid of Leningrad Lindsey, Moscow Mitch, and the rest of the spineless Russia loving FBI hating Republicans, including Trump, and roll back the tax cuts for the ultra rich to 1960s era percentages.

It's the bipartisan goal. Bill Clinton was caught on tape glad handing Republicans over it in Congress.

🥴 I hope he burns in hell?

He's a turncoat and Trump groupie.

And I hope his solution gets shot down. I think it will.

I would like to see Lindsey swinging in a stiff wind.

Someone has to pay for the tax cuts Republicans voted to give Epstein's estate.

The 1% strikes again.